Friday, July 6, 2007

landed

Arrived last night, without my suitcase. Rains in Miami delayed my flight from Boston, so I just made the connection to my Kingston-bound plane. Unfortunately, my suitcase did not. I have my computer with me, and a contact lens case. But that's about it.

Here at Destiny Productions, the office of the man who also runs Students Expressing Truth. SET is the group that is running the project in the Jamaican prison system, setting up computer labs, low power radio stations, and record studios so that inmates can communicate, create and transform. There is already a radio up at Tower Street, and soon one will go up at Fort Augusta (the women's prison), or possibly South Camp.

Destiny productions is an all-round event production company. It's (mercifully) air conditioned, clean, and has wireless internet, so I plan to spend significant time here.

we are off to the prison now, more later.

No comments: